Burren Beo Trust is landscape charity dedicated to connecting all of us to our places and our role in caring for them.
HNVS is responsible for the administration of the Burren Programme, an agri-environment scheme that promotes conservation of the region’s heritage, environment and communities.
HNVS is responsible for the administration of the Burren Programme, an agri-environment scheme funded by the Dept of Agriculture, Food and Marine through the Rural Development Programme that promotes conservation of the region’s heritage, environment and communities. Further details on the Burren Programme are available on the Programme’s website; www.burrenprogramme.com.
What work the Heritage Council is funding this year:
HNVS is grateful to receive continued support from the Heritage Council for the Field Monument Advisor (FMA) Scheme 2016. The FMA plays a vital role in advising Burren Programme staff and participants on best management practices on a case-by-case basis for meeting farming, nature conservation and archaeological conservation objectives.
In 2016 the FMA programme has continued to increase the awareness and understanding among landowners of the archaeological monuments on their land (preservation through awareness).
This has been achieved primarily through:
- Assessing the archaeological impact of proposed management plans on farms in the Burren Programme and, where necessary, drafting short reports for NMS and HNVS.
- Reviewing, on-site, proposed works with the landowner and ensuring the landowner is fully aware of the local field monuments and the importance of their conservation particularly when undertaking site works.
- Detailed surveying of monuments on selected farms in the Burren.
- Providing information to community groups, local societies and other interested parties on the archaeological heritage of Co. Clare through presentations and outings (also during National Heritage Week).
- Providing education and training to interested groups through events and workshops organised by Burrenbeo Trust and the Burren Conservation Volunteers.
Field Monument Advisor (Co. Clare)
T: +353 87 619 8859
Wicklow Uplands Council is an independent voluntary organisation representing over 50 diverse member groups and individuals in the Wicklow Uplands.
The ICRI promotes the conservation and restoration of Ireland’s cultural heritage.