Heritage Council welcomes announcement of new board members
The Heritage Council has welcomed the announcement today (03.11.20) by Minister for Housing, Local Government and Heritage, Darragh O’Brien, TD of the appointment of its new board.
The newly appointed members of the board are:
- Michael Farrell.
- John Patrick Greene.
- Sammy Leslie.
- Fionnuala May.
- Deirdre McDermott.
- Martina Moloney.
- Dr Patricia O’Hare.
- John G Pierce.
- Sheila Pratschke.
- Dr Mary Tubridy.
Michael Parsons is to remain as chair of the board.
Commenting, Mr Parsons said: “On behalf of the Heritage Council, I welcome the Minister’s appointment of our new board members. The Heritage Council received a significantly increased budget allocation for 2021, which will enable us to fulfil a very busy work programme next year, which includes the reinstatement of the community grants scheme and the development of a new ‘inclusive heritage’ programme. These appointees bring a wealth of experience and skills that are very valuable to the work of the Heritage Council and I very much look forward to working with them, harnessing their ideas and energy to deliver for heritage in the coming years. I would also like to thank the outgoing board members for their hard work, vision and commitment to Ireland’s heritage.”
Contact: Mark O’Regan, Heritage Council, Tel: 087-2213587 / Joanne Ahern, DHR Communications, Tel: 087-9881837.
About the Heritage Council board members:
- Former Corporate Secretary and Director of Human Resources, UCC
- Chief Executive, Clinical Research Ireland, 2020 - date
- Interim Chief Executive, Royal College of Physicians, 2018 – 2019
John Patrick Greene
- CEO and Museum Director, EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum, Sep 2019 – date
- Consultant/Owner, Greene Associates, 2017 – 2019
- CEO, Museums Victoria in Melbourne, 2002 – 2017
- Custodian, Castle Leslie Estate (brand), 1991 – date
- Director, C L Projects, 2005 – date
- Trustee of Birr Castle OST 1990’s to present
- Irish Heritage Trust – Trustee 2006 to 2016.
- Heritage Council Board member, 2016 - 2020
- County Architect, Fingal County Council, 2011 – date
- Senior Architect, Fingal County Council, 2006 - 2011
- Principal, Deirdre McDermott & Associates, 2000 – date
- Associate Director, Urban Initiatives, 2000 – 2002
- Associate, Brady Shipman Martin, 1994
- Former Chief Executive , Louth County Council; Galway County Council
- Member, The Arts Council, 2016 - date
- Member, National Oversight & Audit Commission for Local Government, 2014 – date
Dr Patricia O’Hare
- Assessor, Heritage Council Museum Standards Programme for Ireland, 2016 – date
- Research and Education Officer for Trustees, Muckross House, Killarney, CLG, 1995 – date
- Director, Castleisland District Archaeological Survey, Castleisland District Development Association, 1985 -1993
John G Pierce
- Trustee, Charitable Infirmary Charitable Trust, 2018 – date
- Chair, An Taisce, 2017 – 2019
- Director Portfolio & References Global Marketing, Fujitsu, 2016 - 2017
- Chair, An Chomhairle Ealaíon/The Arts Council, 2014 – 2019
- Director, Centre Culturel Irlandais, Paris, 2007 – 2013
- Director, Tyrone Guthrie Centre at Annaghmakerrig, 2001 - 2006
Dr Mary Tubridy
- Principal, Mary Tubridy and Associates, 1995 - date
- Director, Head of Research, Irish Uplands Forum