Burren Beo Trust is landscape charity dedicated to connecting all of us to our places and our role in caring for them.
The National Biodiversity Data Centre is a national organisation which collects and manages data on Ireland’s biodiversity in order to document our wildlife resource and to track how it is changing over time.
The Heritage Council established the NBDC in 2007 and funds the organisation's core work programme annually. Recent projects undertaken by the NBDC include:
- Biodiversity Maps – Ireland’s first biodiversity data and mapping portal - maps.biodiversityireland.ie
- Ireland’s annual BioBlitz, a race against time to see which locality can record the most species over a 24-hour period - bioblitz.ie
- Invasive species tracking and policy support - www.biodiversityireland.ie
- The all-Ireland Biodiversity Monitoring Programme - www.biodiversityireland.ie
- Operation of National Biodiversity Indicators - indicators.biodiversityireland.ie
- Provision of shared data-management services to partner organisations from both the public and private sector.
In addition to the core work, funding is provided (jointly with An Bord Bia) to oversee and assist with implementation of the All-Ireland Pollinator Plan www.biodiversityireland.ie/projects/irish-pollinator-initiative. The plan is endorsed by 61 governmental and non-governmental organisations in Ireland. NBDC also publishes Biodiversity Ireland, a bi-annual newsletter.
The IMA is an all-Ireland professional body dedicated to the promotion and development of museums
Ireland Reaching Out (Ireland XO) is a volunteer-based, non-profit initiative which builds vibrant, lasting links between the global Irish diaspora and parishes of origin in Ireland.