Aims and Objectives
We want to help community groups embrace their heritage site, be it a prehistoric tomb, stone circle, medieval town wall, castle, church, bridge, graveyard, landed estate, mine, kiln, mill, traditional house or battlefield. Our vision is that the chosen monument will serve as a focal point for heritage-related, educational and recreational activities and will encourage greater interpretation and understanding.
The Scheme offers opportunities to:
• become actively involved in the conservation and interpretation of heritage sites in your local area;
• collaborate and work together as a community;
• participate in community development;
• boost regional tourism, business and employment opportunities;
• develop and understand the story of your locality and keep active and learn new skills.