Wicklow Uplands Council is an independent voluntary organisation representing over 50 diverse member groups and individuals in the Wicklow Uplands.
The EFNCP is a Europe-wide network which raises awareness of the importance of low-intensity livestock farming.
EFNCP is a Europe-wide network which works to:
- Reverse the decline of the low-intensity farming types with the highest natural capital across Europe, summarised in the term High Nature Value (HNV) farming.
- Make these farming types socially, economically and environmentally sustainable at the farm and landscape scales in order to conserve European biodiversity and wider ecosystem services.
- Improve understanding, through studies and local projects, of the policy, socio-economic and cultural interactions that are key factors in the creation of a sustainable future for HNV farming.
- Develop, test and promote innovative policy solutions through case-studies and dialogue with local and EU partners.
- Enable networking and dialogue, especially between actors from the environmental and farming worlds who traditionally have not found common ground.
- Engage with EU policy processes, especially on the Biodiversity Strategy and CAP, and improve implementation and integration of these at national and regional levels.
What work the Heritage Council is funding this year:
EFNCP's work in Ireland in 2016 involves 2 elements:
- feeding into the policy process in Ireland as it relates to High Nature Value farming, with a particular focus on supporting and building capacity in local farmers' groups
- continuing work on the Results Based Agri-environment Payment Scheme pilot project in County Leitrim and the Shannon Callows (one of only 3 pilots funded by the European Commission)
Burren Beo Trust is landscape charity dedicated to connecting all of us to our places and our role in caring for them.
The National Biodiversity Data Centre is a national organisation which collects and manages data on Ireland’s biodiversity in order to document our wildlife resource and to track how it is changing over time.