Wicklow Uplands Council is an independent voluntary organisation representing over 50 diverse member groups and individuals in the Wicklow Uplands.
Burren Beo Trust is landscape charity dedicated to connecting all of us to our places and our role in caring for them.
Our Vision is a place which is valued for its natural, built and cultural heritage; whose conservation is innovative and sustainable, and can be used as a model elsewhere to help other communities realise the potential of their heritage. Where People who have the opportunity to know, experience and share their heritage. And where communities can thrive through working sustainably with the landscape.
- To continue to develop as an inclusive, independent and transparent charity working towards the sustainable future of the Burren.
- To engage with local communities to generate a sense of informed pride in heritage and landscape through community stewardship, place-based and community-based learning.
- To promote sustainable communities through the concept of the Burren as a learning landscape.
- To develop models of best practice for community stewardship, place-based and community-based learning as a means of sustainable conservation.
- To disseminate knowledge, develop resources and continue to learn and grow as an organisation through the shared knowledge of others regionally, nationally and internationally.
What work the Heritage Council is funding this year:
BurrenBeo Education Programme
The Heritage Council are supporting the upskill and training of our 300+ conservation volunteers, our ten week heritage in schools programme in local schools, our advocacy work around the unique natural heritage of the landscape including the Burren Winterage Weekend and the Burren in Bloom festival.