Have your Say: Heritage Ireland 2030
Have your say on Ireland's new national Heritage Plan- Heritage 2030.
Heritage Ireland 2030 Consultation Document – download
Have your say
Details of local Heritage Ireland 2030 public consultation sessions below. These are drop in information events, where people can call in, hear more about the Heritage Ireland 2030 plan and get advice on preparing a submission.
Heritage Council Public Consultations
The Heritage Council will host 2 public meetings to support the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht's public consultation on how Ireland's heritage will be managed over the next ten years.
Wednesday, 13th February from 6.30pm - 9pm in the Newpark Hotel, Kilkenny. To register visit: https://bit.ly/2MTc83M #HI2030
Tuesday 19th February from 6.30pm - 9pm Claregalway Hotel, Claregalway Co Galway
To register visit https://bit.ly/2SN3Boq
Local Consultations organised by Local Authority Heritage Officers
Please contact your local Heritage Officer for further details. Further events will be added.
(Note- consultation closing date 28 February 2019)
Heritage Ireland 2030– a new national heritage plan
- Heritage Ireland 2030 is the Government’s commitment to a revitalised and refreshed National Heritage Plan.
- Heritage Ireland 2030 will recognise the vital role our heritage plays in our community, our economy and our society.
- Heritage Ireland 2030 will be a coherent, comprehensive and inspiring framework of values, principles and strategic priorities which will guide and inform the heritage sector over the next decade.
- Heritage Ireland 2030 will enshrine the shared responsibility of people, communities, businesses and local and national Government in protecting our heritage and ensuring it is cared for into the future.
- Heritage Ireland 2030 will help us enjoy, understand and care for our heritage.
Heritage Ireland 2030 will be formed around three Themes, built on a vision of our heritage being valued and protected for future generations, cherished and enjoyed:
Each of these Themes will have specific actions and objectives, shaped by this public consultation.
Your views on objectives and actions to deliver the vision are important – they will help to shape our priorities.