Call for Expressions of Interest to Chair the Board of the Discovery Programme
The Heritage Council is now seeking to appoint a Chairperson for the Board of the Discovery Programme.
Board meeting location: Dublin
Number of vacancies: 1 chairperson
Time requirements: a minimum of 9 x3 hour meetings per annum.
Term: 3 year term
In order to ensure a mix of complementary skills and experience, the Heritage Council may choose to appoint from any or all of the two profiles set out below. The Heritage Council is committed to equality principles in making such appointments. In the interest of gender balance applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.
As set out in recent guidance from the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform, while there are specific competencies in relation to the composition of individual boards in terms of the knowledge, skills and experience, best practice and expert advice confirms that effective board members are those that, for example:-
• bring independent and objective scrutiny to the oversight of the organisation;
• are prepared to be challenging when necessary while being supportive to the delivery of organisational strategy and objectives;
• are equipped to offer considered advice on the basis of sound judgement and experience;
• must be prepared to make a time commitment to their Board-related duties commensurate with their role.
In addition to meeting the requirements for selection as an ordinary member of the Board under one or more of the profiles set out below, it is desirable that candidates for the role of Chairperson demonstrate
• Previous experience of membership of a board and demonstration of an ability to chair a board
• Evidence of a successful career history at a senior level including experience of change management
• Understanding of the main issues facing the Discovery Programme and the context under which it operates demonstrated by senior-level professional experience in the public service and/or private sector, or a cultural / educational institution
• Proven ability to provide leadership at Board level and to think strategically
• Capability of establishing good working relationships with the Board and staff of the Discovery Programme and other stakeholders.
Applications: to email@example.com by 3pm Monday 7th of December 2020.
Further details on the Discovery Programme can be found at www.discoveryprogramme.ie
Full details in the brief below