Adaptive towns: leadership, building reuse and place-based learning
- The Meadow Court Hotel, Loughrea, Co. Galway
How will your town react to change?
The Irish Walled Towns Network are running a conference with a really strong collection of speakers who are addressing this issue head on. Confirmed talks include:
• Regenerating Tramore - Anne Harpur, Chairperson, Tramore Development Trust
• Roscommon’s Town Teams - Colm Kelly, Economic Enterprise Department, Roscommon County Council
• Creating a digital hub in a rural town – Adrienne Harrington, CEO, Ludgate Hub
• The Books@1 initiative – Jane Feighery, Co-Founder and Head of Strategy, The Books@1 Foundation
• The Merchants House: from disused shop to tourist accommodation – Paul Gleeson, Owner, The Merchants House, Kilrush
• Use of heritage and space at the Gallery Café – Sarah Harty, Owner, the Gallery Café, Gort
• Learning about our place, from our place – Áine Bird, Education and Communications Officer, Burrenbeo
Event starts at 9.45am. Registration open at 9am.
The event is free but booking is necessary. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your place.