An chonair shiúil is faide in Éirinn, rud a thugann deis do shiúlóirí taitneamh a bhaint as réimse mór na dtírdhreach álainn ó Leithinis Bhéarra i gContae Chorcaí go dtí an Bhlaic i gContae an Chabháin.
Competition for LEGO® brick enthusiasts aged 4-12 years.
In the summer of 2020, The Heritage Council called on children across the country to recreate their favourite example of Irish built, natural or cultural heritage using LEGO® bricks.
· Built Heritage: 4-7 years
· Built Heritage: 8-12 years
· Natural Heritage: 4-7 years
· Natural Heritage: 8-12 years
· Cultural Heritage: 4--7 years
· Cultural Heritage: 8-12 years
For each category above, 4-7 years category winners received a LEGO® DK Book. 8-12 years category received a LEGO® Kit.
Get Inspired- A little help along the way
To provide some inspiration and guidance, LEGO® brick artist, Jessica Farrell provided a sample model every week with step-by-step instructions.
1. The theme of the competition is local heritage and models must be based on some aspect of this theme. Each model should be accompanied by a descriptive paragraph detailing the chosen subject, why it was chosen and what special meaning it may have.
2. Photographs of LEGO® models should be against a plain, white background, showing as much detail as possible. Please ensure people are not present in the photo. One photo per model will be accepted and displayed in the specific public gallery on the Heritage Council website.
3. Each entry must be the original, creative work of the entrant.
4. Models must be built from 100% LEGO® bricks. No other materials such as paper, cardboard, string, etc, are allowed. All bricks should be in their original form and not cut, glued, painted or modified in any way.
5. Judging will be based on three criteria: Interpretation of theme, artistic merit and building skill.
Closing date and judging
This competition closed for entries on August 30th, 2020.
LEGO® brick artist, Jessica Farrell helped us to choose the winners.
Ages 4-to-7 years:
- Built heritage: ‘West Light Rathlin’, by Oscar Ryan from Antrim;
- Cultural heritage: ‘The Táin’, by Grace Hawkins from Down;
- Natural heritage: ‘Borage’, by Laura Williams from Wicklow.
Ages 8-to-12 years:
- Built heritage: ‘Guinness Gates’, by Dylan Malone from Kilkenny;
- Cultural heritage: ‘Bust of James Joyce’ by Danny O’Shea from Wicklow;
- Natural heritage – ‘Peregrine Falcon’ by Daniel Boylan from Dublin