Farmland Flora & Fauna Seminar - What we’ve got in Ireland
Date: Monday, 11th June 2012,
Location: County Arms Hotel, Birr, Co. Offaly.
9.30 Registration – Tea/Coffee
10.00 Introduction – Catherine Keena, Teagasc
10.15 Recording what we’ve got – Liam Lysaght, National Biodiversity Data Centre
10.30 Bats – Tina Aughney, Bat Conservation Ireland
10.55 Bees – Una Fitzpatrick, National Biodiversity Data Centre
11.20 Butterflies – Eugenie Regan, National Biodiversity Data Centre
11.45 Mammals – Peter Turner, MISE Project
12.10 Barn Owls – Padraig Cregg, BirdWatch Ireland
12.35 Grasses of Ireland – John Feehan
14.00 Field Session at Birr Castle n Grasses and Flowers
- Grasses and Flowers - John Feehan and Helen Sheridan, UCD
- Trees – Declan Little, Woodlands of Ireland
- Bees and Butterflies - Eugenie Regan and Una Fitzpatrick, National Biodiversity Data Centre
- Mammals – Peter Turner, MISE Project
- Bats – Tina Aughney, Bat Conservation Ireland
- Birds – Padraig Cregg, BirdWatch Ireland
Booking is essential: Contact Catherine Power, Kildalton College, tel, 051 644400.
Admission: Free (lunch not included)
Attendance by farmers to this event is equivalent to a REPS Five Hour Course.
Visit www.teagasc.ie for more information.