Upland Network Co-ordinator with the Heritage Council
The Heritage Council requests tenders from interested parties who wish to forward proposals relating to the provision of service for the development of an island-wide Upland Partnership Network.
Applicants are invited from experienced flexible and highly motivated personnel for a role of Upland Network Co-ordinator for the new network. The duties of this position will include:
• Network in partnership with the Heritage Council’s Upland Network Management Group to administer Heritage Council grant aided projects to upland community partnership groups.
• The essence of this role is communication and bridge building by supporting local groups to plan and sustainably manage their local mountain environment with the aid of relevant state bodies, NGO’s and local authorities
• Contribute to the updating and implementation of a three-year Irish Uplands Partnership Network Strategy and Action Plan.
• Develop contacts with key actors in relevant government departments*, state agencies, local government, Leader local development groups, academia, NGO’s, farming bodies and recreational user groups.
• Liaise with Upland Partnership Groups to facilitate the development and implementation of their plans.
• Provide advice on sustainable development potential, opportunities and funding sources available to local partnership groups.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of education and training programmes for partnership network members.
• Facilitate liaison with international sustainable mountain management groups/networks.
• Facilitate national network events including one to one upland partnership study visits
• Pursue linkages and collaboration with other established sustainable countryside projects and initiatives relevant and useful to the network .
*Relevant Departments and state agencies include: Rural Recreation Section of Department of the Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs, NPWS, Failte Ireland, Department of Agriculture, Food and Marine, National Trails Office in Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport and Department of Community, Climate Action and Environment.
The appointment will initially be awarded for one year with the possibility of an extension for a further two years subject to satisfactory performance and the availability of funding. The contractor may be based at the offices of the Heritage Council in Kilkenny.
• The Upland Network Co-ordinator will be appointed on a consultancy contract basis from 11th September for a period of one year.
• The contract fee shall be €42,750(ex VAT) for the twelve month period.
• The Upland Network Co-ordinator will report to the Uplands Network Management Group to be established by the Heritage Council.
Full details and application via etenders Reference 119199