Secondment to the European Commission- implementation of the Creative Europe programme.
A secondment to the European Commission to work within a Unit responsible for the implementation of the Creative Europe programme.
The work of the unit is rooted in the legal base of the creative Europe Programme adopted in 2013 and implemented since 2014. The Unit is responsible for the overall coordination of the Programme and of its cross-sectorial strand, and for the everyday implementation of one of its parts, the Culture Sub-programme. The funding provided by the sub-programme goes to cross-border cooperation projects, multi-national networks and large sectorial platforms. It also finances he European Capitals of Culture scheme, several EU prizes and the European Heritage Label. The unit is also heavily involved in the planning and implementation of the European Year for Cultural Heritage 2018.
Reporting directly to the Head of Unit and under his supervision, the job involves implementing the political priorities of the programme, working with non-EU countries participating in the programme and taking part in the planning and evaluation activities linked to the programme implementation.
More specifically, the unit is looking for an expert who has one of the profiles listed below:
1. Proven experience in managing projects in the field of culture, with deep knowledge of one or several culture sectors but in particular in the area of cultural heritage.
2. Proven experience in culture economics, including the capacity building of the Culture and Creative Industries and the evaluation of new business models in the field of culture, as well as understanding for the notion of audience development.
The tasks will include:
• Following the projects funded by Creative Europe under the angle of capacity building/audience development. Selecting best practices. Working closely with the Executive Agency.
• Within the team responsible for the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018, following up and implementing relevant initiatives as well as, in cooperation with colleagues, the European Heritage Label and European Heritage Days.
• Taking part in the conception of the new generation of EU prizes, in the mid-term evaluation of the Creative Europe programme and in the initial preparation of the post-2020 period.
• Preparation of briefings and notes, preparation of terms of reference for contracts.
• Organisation of meetings and events inside and outside the Commission.
Full details on the document below