Heritage Council - New Powerpoint presentation of key facts & images for download
Supporting Employment, Education & Tourism in Local Communities
This presentation contains useful facts and figures on the contribution of the work of the Heritage Council to the development of sustainable jobs, tourism and education in communities throughout Ireland.
- Recent research commissioned by the Heritage Council suggests that for every €1m of Heritage Council grant-support in 2010/11, 449 jobs were supported across the country.
- This research also indicates that the historic environment directly supports over 30,000 jobs and contributes in excess of €1 billion to the economy.
- Heritage Council investment in County Heritage Plans between 2004 and 2008 supported the creation of 1,012 full-time jobs.
- In 2011, the Heritage in Schools Scheme facilitated 1,595 school visits reaching 118,620 children.
- Through National Heritage Week, the Heritage Council promotes greater public awareness of the value of maintaining and protecting our natural and built heritage.
- Council is currently looking to expand our commitment to third-level education by developing, in partnership with third-level institutes, qualifications in Landscape Character and in Biological Recording.
- In 2010, Heritage Council projects attracted approximately 18,700 tourists.
- For every €1 spent by the Heritage Council, the Irish Tourism industry receives €4.4 through increased tourism revenues.
- Cultural tourism and activity holidays based on our natural landscapes and countryside continues to out-perform all other tourism sectors. The Heritage Council supports this continued growth through its grants schemes, core-funding provision, education, policy and research initiatives.
Please note: Images not for redistribution or reproduction for digital or print purposes.