Aimsigh nó aithin láithreáin oidhreachta agus déan cíoradh ar thacair shonraí oidhreachta áit ar bith in Éirinn.
BiblioMara is a comprehensive bibliography of cultural and maritime heritage studies of the Irish coastal zone.
Drawn predominantly from materials published since 1900, this annotated, indexed database is a valuable resource for any researcher, student or community group interested in finding out more about the coastal and maritime culture and heritage of their local area and the island as a whole.
Commissioned by the Heritage Council in 2002, the bibliography was compiled by the Coastal and Marine Resources Centre (CMRC) in Cork who worked with a multidisciplinary team from UCC’s Béaloideas and Archaeology Departments and Meitheal Mara.
BiblioMara features a wide and exceptional range of materials from academic and non-academic sources including local publications often disregarded by official databases. References and sources occur in both the English and Irish language.
BiblioMara covers a range of interdisciplinary themes and subject areas broadly outlined as follows:
- archaeological heritage;
- architectural and built heritage;
- the history of coastal settlements and their interaction with the physical and social environments;
- occupational folklore including traditional crafts, boat-building and usage, fishing, seaweed gathering and aquaculture;
- folklore and ethnology;
- historical and human geography including place-names, tourism, recreation and coastal zone management;
- industrial heritage;
- literary heritage;
- material culture;
- voyaging and navigation - including piracy, lighthouses, rescue services, shipping, maritime trade and military history.
Tacaíonn an Líonra seo le bailte Éireannacha a bhfuil balla thart timpeall orthu agus déanann sé ceiliúradh orthu trí ionchur agus maoiniú straitéiseach cláir caomhantais, oiliúna agus tionscnaimh.