EYCH Community Grants Scheme now OPEN
We are looking for creative, engaging projects that provide a way for the public to learn about and manage our natural and cultural heritage during European Year of Cultural Heritage.
To Mark the European Year of Cultural Heritage (EYCH) in 2018, we are focusing our Community Heritage Grant Scheme on the theme Make a Connection, to encourage communities throughout Ireland to build heritage connections that will last long beyond the year.
The scheme aims to:
• promote appreciation and enjoyment of heritage, to make a lasting difference to heritage, people and communities,
• promote a bottom up approach to heritage management, and
• reach out to new audiences by telling heritage stories in innovative ways to stimulate public interest and engagement.
We are looking for creative, engaging projects that provide a way for the public to learn about and manage our natural and cultural heritage. We want you to share your knowledge, project ideas and experiences more widely.
Who can apply?
The scheme is open to:
• not-for-profit voluntary and community groups, and
• heritage-related non-governmental organisations (NGOs).
Applications from other organisations or individuals will not be accepted.
The Heritage Council has allocated €750,000 to this scheme in 2018. The most you may ask for is 75% of the funding of the total project expenditure, up to a maximum of €8,000. We expect the scheme to be very competitive. We expect to fund about 150 projects this year.