Information on the screening, assessment, review and approval processes for the Heritage Council Grant Scheme.
How to apply
Applications for the Heritage Council Grants Scheme must be made online via the Heritage Council Grants System which opens on 1st March 2017.
All applications received are processed by the Heritage Council as follows:
Applications are screened to ensure that:
- (i) the application is registered in the name of the applicant.
(ii) that mandatory items are attached to the application
- Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be deemed eligible and will be rejected.
- All eligible applications are then progressed to the Assessment Stage and are checked (i) to ensure they are complete and (ii) to confirm that all the essential information required for the particular type of project has been attached.
- Applications that are deemed complete and that contain all the required information are evaluated and shortlisted for review.
- A review panel representing external and internal expertise review the recommended shortlist.
- Recommendations are presented to the Heritage Council Board for final approval in early May 2017.
- Decisions are communicated in writing to applicants mid-May 2017.
Canvassing by TDs, Senators or City/ County Councillors on behalf of any applicant will automatically disqualify an application. In previous years some applications have been rejected for this reason.
This does not preclude applicants from seeking advice or letters of support from their local Heritage Officer, Conservation Officer or any other relevant body.
Late applications are not considered for funding.