Living Landscape: Maximising our Outdoor Resources - Conference
Date: 17th & 18th May 2012
Location: Clifden Station House, Connemara, Co. Galway.
A number of national and international speakers will be sharing their expertise at a major conference in Galway this May. Speakers will present their experiences on how we can use outdoor resources to create jobs, improve our health, and sustain a quality of life for our ageing population.
They will provide real examples of initiatives that have been implemented in their areas.
Line Up of Event Speakers
• Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh- The voice of Gaelic Games
• DR. Caro-Lynne Ferris- Executive Director, CAAN
• Cormac MacDonnell- Manager, National Sports Council, Trails Office
• Ethna Murphy- Manager, Countryside & Marine Tourism Fáilte Ireland
• Fraser Coupland- Director, Fort William ‘Outdoor Capital of the UK’
• Chris Whyte- Director, Snowdonia Active
• Nathan Kingerlee- Director, Outdoors Ireland
• Jim Kennedy- Director, Atlantic Sea Kayaking
• Ted Vickey- PhD Researcher DERI NUI Galway
• Kevin Heanue- Chairman, Connemara Run
• Aiden Larkin- CEO MS Ireland
• Stephen Hannon- Lecturer ‘BA Outdoor Education’ GMIT Castlebar
• Martina Moloney- Galway County Manager
• John Gavin- Director Galway12; Traveldirect Ireland
• Joe McDonagh- CEO County Galway VEC
• Cllr. Michael Maher-Galway County Mayor
To register or for more details:
Phone 091 476400