Boyne - Amateur Photography Competition 2012
This is your opportunity to capture in a photograph the beauty of the Boyne as it flows through Counties Meath and Louth. We are looking for photographs on: Heritage Sites Events and Festivals Landscape, Plants and Wildlife.
Conditions of Entry
- Please submit printed photographs to Photography Competition, Brú na Bóinne Visitor Centre, Donore, Co. Meath to reach us by Monday 28th of May at 4.30pm. Entries will not be accepted by email.
- The River Boyne must be visible in the photograph.
- Photographs must be 10 x 8 inches approx in size (either portrait or landscape type) and must have been taken by the entrant in County Louth or Meath. Images that have been previously published will not be accepted.
- Photographs cannot be returned.
- There is a maximum of 5 photographs per entrant.
- Entrant’s name, address, email, telephone number and age (if under 18) and the location of the photograph should be written clearly on the back of the photograph.
- A selection of entries will be displayed in Brú na Bóinne Visitor Centre.
- Boyne Valley Tourism, the OPW and DoAH&G reserve the right to reproduce any of the photographs.
- One overall prize of €200 will be awarded along with prizes in each category. Full details of prizes on meathtourism.ie.
- Winners will be asked to submit their photograph in digital format.
- Judges’ decision is final.
1. Under 10 years on 28th May 2012
2. 10–17 years on 28th May 2012
3. Adult (18 years & over)
The River Boyne is probably Ireland’s most famous river. Along its banks are some of Ireland’s most important heritage sites and some of its richest scenery.
Further enquiries to Brú na Bóinne phone 041 9880300.