Brickwork Pointing - Best Practice Seminar
Date: Thursday 13th September 2012
Time: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Location: Wood Quay Venue, Dublin 8
Dublin City Council + Building Limes Forum Ireland sponsored by Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht. Essential information for Planners / Conservation Officers / Specifiers and Practioners / Contractors involved in re-pointing of historic brickwork.
Speakers will include Grainne Shaffrey / Dr. Gerard Lynch / Susan Rowntree / Charles Duggan / and Contractors and Architects who have successfully carried out re-pointing of some of our brick building stock.
Topics will include:
- Dissemination of report and findings - Wig/ Tuck - A Research Project on Historic Pointing Techniques and Façade Finishes in Dublin
- Identification of types of pointing and methodology of each type
- Brick history, types and properties
- Mortar types, matching , sourcing limes and sands
- Planning considerations and documentation for planning
- The best conservation practice, when to re-point, removal of poor pointing, use of Exemplars etc
- Setting out for re-pointing, colour matching, local structural repairs
- The future of bricks and mortar in our building stock
For more information & to book visist: www.buildinglimesforumireland.com